Friday, November 5, 2010

My Trip to Athens-Parthenon

It's Melina again.

My family and I are traveling to Athens. We are going to see many things there. I will post a little about the things we do there along with pictures. Today we went to see the Parthenon. It was so cool. The history there is so rich. The Parthenon is a must see when you're in Athens just like the Trevi Fountain is a must see in Rome. The Parthenon was built in order to honor the city gaurdian Athena. Parthenon is derived from the Greek word "parthanos" which translates to virgin.The buildings official name is The Temple of Athena the Virgin. The Parthenon replaced the old temple that stood there. The Parthenon dominates most of the space in the Acropolis. It was so beautiful. I'm glad I got to see it at least once!

No comments:

Post a Comment